Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Funtastic - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there,

I'm checking in today with a new layout I created for the "out with the old, in with the new" theme at Fancy Pants! Our assignment was to mix new with old supplies. I loved this! I don't often have the time to create stash layouts but I always love when I have the possibility. They do take longer in general because I have to go trough my stash to see what I can or want to use, but one can achieve a much more unique look!


I've used the following collections on this layout:
  • Everyday Circus (patterned paper)
  • Nautical (patterned paper)
  • Spellbound (patterned paper, buttons, die cuts)
  • Timbergrove (patterned paper)
  • Meology (chipboard button)
  • Making waves (alphas)
  • Burlap & Bouquets (flair button)
  • True Friend (flair button)
  • Flutter (button, chipboard)
  • Dream Big (paper clip, die cuts, puffy stickers)
  • Family & Co (label, die cut)
  • Joy Parade (die cuts)
  • Good Fellows (puffy stickers)

The first paper I chose was the teal wood grain paper - isn't it amazing?! It was like seeing it for the first time! Then I started picking out papers I liked and at some point I had a color combo in my mind what I wanted to go for. 

I designed the layout in Silhouette studio, just to see what it would look like. Then I cut all the circles with my Cameo. Of course you can hand cut these using different sized plates as template. I used to do this before I had my Cameo.


I then glued down everything and felt like I have no dimension at all. So I added a few hand stitched circles here and there, for a bit of dimension and texture.

My photo I already cropped in my photo editing program, because I like to have a white border around. I then matted my picture and placed it on some foam adhesive so it stands out more.


At this point I was still just hoping I'd find embellishments that matched my chosen colors! I'm not big on planning ahead haha! Luckily I have quite a big stash of Fancy Pants supplies since it's been my favorite company ever since I started scrapping! So I dug out everything and to my surprise I've found so many things! Even alphas which I really wasn't expecting. In this alpha pack there are other colors too, red and yellow, so I picked out all colors that fit and tried to come up with a title. Boy, this is what took me longest! I even tried to use one of those scrabble helps where you enter your letters and it gives you suggestions for words. But I had a lot more letters you can enter there so it was no help at all. Eventually I came up with this title. I had to engineer a T because I only had one. I believe I've used an R and a 5 to create it.


I then added all kinds of embellies, all over my page: puffy stickers, die cuts, flair buttons, buttons, chipboards...I love how the colors tie all these together!





To finish off the layout I wrote my journaling and stamped my date.

That's it for today! I hope you are inspired to dive into your old Fancy Pants stash now, because there surely are treasures to be rediscovered! Happy crafting!

Thanks for stopping by today,

X